This recipe is also from the 12th Edition of the BHG cookbook. If you are serving fewer than 6 people, halve it! we had way too much. But I'd keep the cinnamon the same, you couldn't taste it much, or maybe double it if you do the full recipe.
- 3/4 cup apple or orange juice (I did oj)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup of sugar (trust me--go with 1/2!)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (I eyeballed it--we have one of those little mill style graters
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 12-ounce package (3 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (I omitted this)
- 1/2 chopped pecans (also omitted)
I started by pouring the oj and sugar in a medium saucepan...
the dash of cloves...
stirred it together, and set it to boil. while I waited,
I rinsed the cranberries
and added them in. Once it boiled,
I stirred as it cooked 3-4 minutes longer, until cranberries popped.
I pureed with that handy stick blender and poured it into a bowl to chill it in the fridge.
When it was time to eat, I put it in a nice bowl.